Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!




I can't believe that 2008 is already here. The year has flown by so quickly and I know 2008 will too.


Where to start? Christmas!

This year (and our only year) we celebrated Christmas in London with my in-laws. They flew over the Thursday before Christmas and we did some London sight-seeing, some pub hopping, shopping, cooking, eating, drinking, sleeping, etc. We celebrated my Father in-laws 79th birthday with a traditional Sunday Roast on the 23rd!!!








(Ryan, Jack and Scott at dinner)








(The Tune Family)



Christmas Day, I was up early (well not early but earlier than everyone else). We made coffee, started the dough for pull aparts (or as some call it Monkey Bread), and then settled in for the gift opening. I received a gorgeous necklace from Scott which goes with my bracelet that I got from my parents for my birthday. It isn't just an ordinary bracelet (or necklace for that matter) as it was the replica of the bracelet my grandma wore everyday on her right wrist. So when I got the necklace it brought tears to my eyes as my grandma passed away Dec. 16th 2006 :-( It is my momento of her since I wear my bracelet everyday now! Anyway, the necklace is fantastic and I absolutly love it. We were also surprised by gifts being put under the tree from my parents, as we celebrated Christmas with them the week prior in the US. So what did we get: Macaroni and Cheese, hand knitted scarf and some games! My in-laws opened their gift from Scott and I which was a Canvas done of the Tune Family (me, Scott, mother in-law, father in-law and brother in-law). They were so surprised and so happy to have the canvas.










(Bailey coming down the stairs to see what is in her stocking)





(Bailey opening a gift from Uncle Ryan)









(Our gift from Ryan. He made a video since he didn't bring the gift over from the US with him. It was very well done and Thank You Ryan for the Food Processor!!!!)





(Bailey and Scott relaxing after opening gifts).



We then had a wonderful Christmas dinner which included: turkey, cranberry, corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, nut bread, broccoli, califlower and wine. We were so stuffed that we didn't have dessert but that did get eaten over the next few days.


We then said good bye to my mother in-law and father in-law and said hello to my Best Friend Katie and another friend of mine Allysen!



On to New Year's:



We started out at the Absolut Icebar London. It was a great time and the drinks were WONDERFUL!

Then it was off to dinner at a Thai restaurant, then to a wine bar and finally to a traditional pub! We had a great time and got home around 3:30am (YIKES!).

Last night, we went on the London Eye and here are a few pics.

(You can faintly see St. Paul's in the distance)

~Wishing Everyone a Healthy and Safe 2008~

No comments: