Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Chelsea vs Everton

Yesterday Scott and I went to the Chelsea game with our friends Jenn and Conrad. The night did not start off that well since I left work at 5:45pm to meet Scott at Hammersmith Tube Station. As I am walking in they shut the station down due to a person caught under a train at the next stop. What does that mean.....CHAOS. Piccadilly/District/Circle lines were shutdown east and west bound for an indefinite period of time. So I call Scott to see where he is and he is on the District Line waiting to pull into Hammersmith station. Well they can't move since there are too many trains and no where to go. I waited for him to give me an update from their driver and about 20min. later he texts to say they are moving. Good sign! So they open hammersmith station back up and down to the train I go. We meet and off we go to Fulham Broadway, not so much :-( Earl's Court now is majorly backed up due to the incident so there are like no Wimbledon trains so all of the fans start walking to Fulham Broadway. Scott and I waited to see if they would make an announcement for a Wimbledon train and they diverted a train there....well that was packed like a can of sardines so a no go for us. We finally get to the Stadium and Scott goes to meet the couple and I go to get our tickets at the Box Office.
WHAT A NIGHTMARE. The line was coming down the street from the far stadium gate to the tube station. UNREAL to say the least. They all meet me in line still 20min. later. We get into the stadium at 7:45 (just in time for kick-off).

All in all they won which was the important part since it was the Semi-Final for the Carling Cup.

Lesson Learned: Pick up your tickets prior to the game at the Box Office.

No comments: