Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weekend

This past weekend was pretty mellow which was a nice change. Friday night we went through Scott's boxes of files & childhood memorabilia and got those all put away. We had brought home about 5 boxes full from our trip to Buffalo a few weeks ago but haven't had the chance to go through them since well we have been busy.

Saturday we woke up and Scott went for a haircut so I started on breakfast. The mission was to make the Captain Crunch French Toast like we had had at Blue Moon in Baltimore that I posted about here . Tell me what you think in resemblance?












My customers in the house thought it was damn good so I guess that was what I was looking for.





After breakfast was over we set out to run a few errands before we needed to head up to Westchester County for a friends wedding. We arrived at the reception hall on a beautiful HOT afternoon and the reception hall is on the long island sound so was nice to look out on to the water. It was great getting to catch-up with college friends at the wedding and needless to say we were spent by the time we got home after midnight.








Sunday we slept in till 10:30!!!! We then went to my parents and picked up an extra car since I needed to get my car looked at for a few things. We have been delaying a project, our basement, since we moved in but the time has come and we are in full gear today. We spent the afternoon with an nail air gun in the basement putting up a frame for a workout room (1st room we will finish). We got the three bottom bases in and 2 uppers (need Ryan's help for the 3rd). The goal is to have all of the framing done by Monday and then the studs nailed in by Thursday this week. Wish us luck!

P.S.- yes I did get my hair cut (well chopped) this is it!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Your haircut is seriously adorable. That's a great photo of the two of you!

Good Luck on the home improvements.