Friday, July 31, 2009

Good News Friday!

I am sure most of my avid readers have known that since moving back from the UK the company I was working with over there laid me off once we made the decision to come back home. Nice.

Leaving that all behind, I was made an offer to join up with my old CFO of that company and the former Controller of that company (they both moved on also). I accepted the offer and became a contractor for them. Over the past 7 months, I have been working for them and truly love being back with them. They are fantastic bosses and you learn a great deal from them. We have been in the discussion the whole time since working here about my FT employment opportunity, but needed to wait until an announcement was made. That announcement was that they were moving from the furthest northeastern tip of NJ to Princeton, NJ. That is about a 2 hour drive and for most of the employees they all live north of the current office in NY counties. The announcement was made and everyone has until August 17th to give their decision, but on Wed. this week I received my FT offer letter!!!!! A little negotiating back and forth and I am officially back as a FT employee as on Monday August 3rd!

This has been a bit of a headache for Scott and I since he was offered benefits, etc. at his job for us in February but we declined them since we were covered until the end of March with my old company and also was supposed to go FT with the new company April 1st. That all didn't pan out due to the announcement, but thankfully Scott and I didn't need to go to the doctor's in that time. With smiles on our faces now that we can go to the doctor, dentist and optrician, if need be, we can knowing that we only have a co-pay and not a full bill to pay out of our pocket!

Happy Friday!!!

2 comments:

andrea said...

Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Great news!