Friday, August 28, 2009

It must mean Dirt Cake!

When I was growing up it was tradition for me to have a pool party for every birthday. It was tradition because my birthday always fell on or near Labor Day which meant the start of the school year. I was fortunate that my parents had a pool and so there were always about 30 people coming to my birthday party. It got into the same tradition for many years and everyone loved coming especially for my mom's special birthday cake, Dirt Cake! It is made in a flower pot, flowers, a garden spade and gummy worms. Everyone loved it and so she made it every year until I think I left for college.

On sunday this weekend we are having some people over for a BBQ Birthday Celebration! I am turning the young age of 31 on Sunday! I sent out an email to my friends to come over for dinner and one of my friends rights back "Mmmmm, sounds good. I'll be there. P.S. you are turning 13 not 31..." my reply was "If I were turning 13 I would be having dirt cake for my birthday cake!" to his reply of "You want it??? I can make it!". So I guess it is only fitting that now we are back in New Jersey for my birthday and I will be having Dirt Cake for my Birthday Cake!!!

Here is a picture of a Dirt Cake (someone else's) in case you have never seen one. I will post some pictures of my birthday cake on Sunday!


Here is to turning 13 again and having the greatest family and friends!

No comments: