Monday, March 3, 2008

Packing for Home

With just over 9 months until we move home and with me going home this coming weekend it was time this weekend to figure out what we don't need here anymore but what we will need prior to the movers getting our stuff from London to New Jersey. What makes matter worse is that we are moving home just prior to the holiday so all of the Christmas decorations, tree skirt, etc need to make it home. That means Libby will have one (well more like a few) stuffed suitcases going home this weekend.




Suitcase 1: I am sure I will be pushing the weight limit but oh well it has to get home. Tree Skirt, Down comforter, duvet cover, box of christmas ornaments, tins for cookies, 2 suits (Scott's) and hopefully a few more things.



















Suitcase 2: Wine (that we can't get in the US that we love)



















Box 1: christmas decorations and other misc. items


















carry-on bag: a German Pyramid (Christmas), Tie Rack, laptop for work, notebook for work, book to read, camera, etc.















Dad I am sure you are looking at all of this and saying "rent is going up"....I guess you are correct :-) My parents have a room in their basement that is full of our wedding gifts since we didn't bring them over to London with us. The running joke is that the room is getting so full of stuff that the more I add the more "rent" goes up! I was speaking to my dad this weekend and had ordered a few (just a few boxes) of items to go into the basement and he said "I see some boxes sitting by the door to the basement which I assume means rent is going up". Pretty soon I think we will be doubling rent with all that is coming home.

I am sure all of the expats know that eventhough you bring stuff home you bring more back with you. Well I am sure my suitcases will be just as full coming back here but mostly of some food, hair products, shoes, clothes, etc. from the US since it is a lot cheaper than the UK and more especially items you can't even buy here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dads excited to see the new items coming!!

Anonymous said...

$$$$$ $$$$$

Anonymous said...

Bring your check book!

Caitlin said...

Haha...my dad says he's going to change the locks so I can't get in their house anymore.

Have a great trip!