Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December???

I can't believe that December is here already and that there are nearly 21 days till Christmas. Guess we need to get our act in gear since we are hosting Christmas in London to Scott's family!!!! Should be fun to celebrate in another country for the first time. Lots to do though:

1. Finish Christmas Shopping
2. Pick out the menu for Christmas Dinner (thankfully we are going out for Christmas Eve Dinner)!
3. Get the Christmas Tree
4. Decorate the house
5. Prepare the house for the family to arrive
6. Oh and we have to get Christmas cards out (need to go buy those)

This will definetly be a different Christmas for me as this will be my first Christmas away from my family. It will be tough but something that I will have to get semi-accustomed to since I am married now and we will be sharing our holidays with both sides of the family. I think the weirdest thing for me will be the fact that when we wake up on Christmas Day and open gifts, have breakfast, maybe stroll the streets of London for a little while and then come home and start dinner preparations the US will just be waking up. It feels as though I will not be a part of my family's Christmas. It is only one year being 5 hours (time zone difference) away from them but nonetheless it is still far away.

On the other hand, there are many things to look forward to this December:

1. Going home to the US in 10 days for a 3 day weekend!
2. Scott's family coming to London for 10 days!
3. Going to Brugge with Scott's family for 2 days prior to Christmas
4. My best friend Katie and my other good friend Allysen are coming for New Year's

So without further delay, I must get on with my Christmas duties and get some Christmas Cards and think of a Christmas Dinner Menu.

If you have any good recipes you want to share for a good Christmas Dinner please share!!!

1 comment:

andrea said...

I am with you on spending my first Christmas away from my family! I just keep telling myself it isn't bad, it is just different :)