Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas in Full Effect this weekend!

Well I think it will officially his Scott and I tonight when our Christmas Tree gets delivered today and we can start decorating the house for Christmas! Yes for all of the US based readers here in London they do deliver your Christmas Tree. Funny story was when Scott and I were home for Thanksgiving we were talking about Christmas and telling them that our Christmas tree was going to be delivered they said, "What kind of shopping is that? The whole part of it is getting it home by car or carrying it...my expression was...yeah right :-)" So further on in the conversation I said that we won't know what it looks like though till it gets delivered and my mom asked why? I said we ordered it from the Internet. My dad's face was priceless. He says, "What is this world coming to when you order your tree online?" He then proceeds to call my brother and tell him. Meanwhile, my brother whom lives in NYC liked the delivery idea a lot but laughed at the fact that we ordered off of the Internet. There are some things that you do differently in each country in order to find the traditional American Christmas Tree. And for us this year it was getting a tree that would actually smell, unlike our tree last year :-(

All that being said, we are in full Christmas swing this weekend! Tonight the tree will go in the stand and let it sit there for the night (get Bailey used to it). Tomorrow will be wrapping gifts and finalizing any more gifts we need to buy. Saturday night is decorating the tree and meeting some friends out for dinner and drinks. Sunday is a holiday party that we have been invited to!

Last night, we hung the stockings and Bailey was excited to see she had one. So I guess this means one thing.

Santa we are ready!!!

1 comment:

andrea said...

We got our tree delivered (also ordered from the internet) last night and put it up and it is perfect - with a great smell! But it is bigger than I thought it would be, so we ended up rearranging our whole family room!

Have fun, decorating a tree is great!