Friday, November 30, 2007

Back from a week in the US!!

Scott and I flew home on Tuesday night the 20th for the Thanksgiving Holiday and to attend a wedding of a couple from College!

Tuesday night we flew home and things were well except that I was starting the symptoms of a cold :-( We landed early to our surprise, got our rental car and off we went to my parents house. We got in around 12:30am and Ryan (Scott's brother) was there to see us prior to his trip back up north to Buffalo for the Holiday.

Wednesday we ran errands, saw Ryan off on his 5 hour trip and then went into New York City with my parents, my cousin and my parent's neighbors for my mom's birthday dinner! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! We had a lovely time and it was great to see everyone and share the evening together!

Thanksgiving Day- can I tell you how much I love Thanksgiving!! We all watched the Green Bay Packers win! YAY!!! Then got all of the food ready and the 10 other guests all started to arrive. We had turkey, ham, corn casserole, asparagus, squash, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry, sweet potato caserole, twice baked potatoes, leftsa (norwegian potato bread), cheesecake, cranberry/walnut torte and apple pie! I am full thinking about all of the food!

Friday- Scott was in bed all day with a bug that hit him :-( Katie (my best friend) and I went out for Black Friday shopping! We picked up some Christmas gifts but more importantly found shoes to wear to the wedding on Saturday.

Saturday- drive to Saratoga Springs, NY to attend the wedding of Evan and Melissa. Congrats to the two of them on a beautiful wedding! We were so happy to be able to attend and had a great time. It was so nice to see all of our college friends there and spend the night up there with all of them! We miss you all!

Sunday- up early for a drive back to New Jersey and to miss the Thankgiving rush coming home, get Scott packed up and to the airport for his flight.

Mon-Wed- I worked in our NJ office for the three days, went to check on our house in NJ that we have, got to see my brother at dinner at PF Chang's (yummy!) and then flew back.

We are both now unpacked and recovery from jet lag (well more me than Scott right now). Bailey got some new gifts upon our return (which I will post some pictures of later)!

It was a true whirlwind trip as you can tell but it was a fantastic time spent with all of our family and friends! One of the hardest things to realize when you live away is that you think you have tons of time home (for me this trip was 8 days) and let me tell you it isn't a lot of time when you want to see all of your family and friends and run errands, etc. I was running around like crazy on Wed. afternoon trying to get things done. We didn't get to see some friends that we hoped to see due to time contraints and that is a miserable feeling when you leave. We will say hello again to the US on Dec. 14th!

No comments: