Monday, November 19, 2007

Wine and Food...what a Great Combo!!!

This weekend was full of lots of wine and food which made for a fantastic weekend!

Friday Scott and I settled in at home for a nice dinner in and a movie. I know for all of the US based Americans it will seem unreal to the movie we watched already, but here in the UK Christmas is in full effect. Christmas with the Kranks was on and let me tell you I love that movie! Histerical!!! Anyway, Scott has never seen it so we watched it which made Scott homesick when it started to snow in the movie (we sure do miss the snow).

Saturday is was up and out the door to the Decanter Wine Show in London. It was held at the Landmark Hotel in Marylebone. The hotel is absolutly gorgeous! There were 100 wineries represented from all around the world and a few of our favorites were there, Meerlust, Stag's Leap, Louis Latour, etc. It was nice though to try some that we have never heard of to expand our horizon of wines!

Sunday, I met a friend of mine and we went to the BBC Food Show in Olympia. We got a nice tote bag that kept filling up with the free goodies that all of the vendors were giving away. We then went to see Angela Hartnett in the Ultimate Cookery Experience there and she made three dishes. I am not convinced that I can make Pasta from scratch (that will be interesting when I try to make it though). She made it look so easy that I was thinking the whole time...I can easily do this. HA. The one item she did make which was really easy was Pumpkin Soup. So what is for dinner tonight....Pumpkin Soup. I will tell you tomorrow how I do!

After I got home from the BBC Food Show, Scott and I were invited over to our neighbors for a Seafood Paella! YUMMY! We had a lovely dinner with them and some wine then off to home to finish packing for the US (We leave tomorrow YAY!!!!).

Well back to work and stay tuned for the Pumpkin Soup tomorrow!

No comments: