Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lombardi

Last night the family and I went into NYC to go see the show Lombardi, obviously about the one and only Vince Lombardi.

A little background for those who don't really know me and my family, my parents are from Wisconsin, born and breed, and grew up in the era of Lombardi. The family as a whole (except said husband Scoot) are true Packer fans, so when my dad called and said would you and Scott be interested in going to the show I said yeah!

Last night we met my brother out at a restaurant in NYC and all walked to the show. It is set in an intimate theatre that seats about 250. It would remind you of a small, very small stadium. It was a round stage set in the middle of the theatre which made it very cool. There were 5 actors and 1 actress in the whole production and it lasted an hour and 40minutes. The props were very minimal but you got the idea of the whole scene. I definitely learned a lot about Lombardi and his wife Marie in the whole play and his interaction with his players. Lombardi was played by Dan Lauria (yep the Dan Lauria of the Wonder Years) and Marie Lombardi was played by Judith Light.
A few items from the Packer memorabilia:



After the show they sometimes have what they call a "Playback", where they have interaction with a cast member and the audience. Last night was one of those nights and Dan Lauria and Woody Johnson, owner of the Jets, were the "Playback". You could ask them anything you wanted and at their discretion they would answer. I say at their discretion since one of the first questions to Woody Johnson was "Who do you think the Jets will draft this year?" You think he is actually going to tell you????? All in all a great show to see!
Woody Johnson and Dan Lauria below

No comments: