Sunday, March 28, 2010

Belgium Chocolates and Fresh Strawberries

My weekend started off pretty good being able to leave work while it was still light out and about 4-5 hours earlier than lately. Got home and had some dinner and wine and relxed for the rest of the night.
Saturday I went to work, again, for the 4th Saturday in a row. My boss kept coming in my office telling me he was trying to get me out of there shortly. I was happy to hear but okay with it since I had other work I had to do since I have been so occupied with this project at work that I haven't done my normal day job. I got started in getting caught up on the day job and then was able to leave and come home around 3pm!!! What does one do being able to come home in daylight and on a Saturday? Bake!

I pulled out a pound of Belgium milk chocolate and our 3 quarts of Strawberries in the fridge and we started melting the chocolate in a double boiler and then dipping in the Strawberries. We had extra chocolate so we dipped some pretzel rods too! YUMMY!

The starting product...some Fresh Strawberries and lovely chocolates

The bag of Belgium milk chocolates! They are good on their own too, melted or unmelted...I wouldn't know though!



How good do these look???
I can tell you one thing...they taste WONDERFUL! Who needs Godiva dipped strawberries when you can make them yourselves for about 1/4 of the price and you get bigger strawberries.
Off to my parents house for a lovely Sunday Palm Sunday dinner with some Chocolate covered Strawberries for dessert!

No comments: