Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The shopping I don't like

There are things in life that I love to do and one of them is shopping. I enjoy shopping for things for the house, myself and Scott. I haven't been shopping in awhile since I am to the stage where I am refusing to buy anything new until I lose some more weight and then can fit back into majority of my clothes.

There is that one item that I hate to shop for....the dreaded swimsuit. I don't have the bikini body and never really did and I am ok with that, but I do hate to go shopping for a bathing suit when you are in the process of losing weight. If I buy one that fits me now, I hope that it won't fit me in August when I am in the Bahamas. So that has got me thinking more of what I should buy. I have been eyeing up this one by Mossimo from Target. I love the color of it and I would go for the striped bottom that is clover and white.

I think this would work well since I could buy two different size tops and if I lose the weight then I have one for now and one for August without having to spend a fortune on a whole new suit. The problem.....finding the bottoms. They are unavailable online, in the few stores around me that I have looked in. I can order the top online without a problem, but you kind of need bottoms you know? I decided to then try another color (mint or teal in the same suit) that they had bottoms for at the store in my size but not the top and wouldn't you know there are no tops available online period. God damit. I hate shopping for a bathing suit. Needless to say, I am still looking and shopping.

This week's weigh-in was not a good weigh-in since I gained .7lbs back. I was away in Massachusetts for the weekend in the lovely Berkshires (later post) and enjoyed my time there eating out and driking so of course that didn't help but I don't regret my decisions while being away. You need to enjoy vacation!

1 comment:

Boo, Jax and Bo said...

Land's End has the best suits I've found. They're not Target prices but they fit better and will last longer and they have special sizes, long torso, DDD, whatever you want really. And, bonus, they're actually pretty cute. Go up a size, though. Good luck! Bathing suit shopping is the worst.