Thursday, October 21, 2010

About a week to go

I haven't lived up to m running like I said I was going to and with the race quickly approaching next weekend I need to get out running. I got home from work last night, laced up the running shoes and made a beeline out the door before there was an excuse why I couldn't go.

I felt really good during the run so had a plan in my head where I was going to run and about how far I thought it was. I ran to a park that is behind our house and then ran 5.5 laps around the park which is a .33mile loop then headed out the back way of the park, around the neighborhood and back to our house which to my delightful surprise was 3.09 miles! I know I can do the 5k next weekend but my goal is to run it under 30 min. I ran the 3.09 last night in 32 min. and change. Not too bad but I can do better so I have a goal now. I need to run everyday between now and the race and I should be able to push myself to be under 30min.

No comments: