Thursday, June 10, 2010

I think I was meant to be a travel agent in my life

Growing up my parents made a point of getting Chris and I to all 50 states and not the whole drive through and stop at a rest area and consider that a state, but actually staying in the state and doing things/seeing things. We managed to do very well in our years growing up with one of our best trips driving from New Jersey throught the midwest and up through Canada to Alaska for a month in Alaska. An experience I will never forget.

I am working with my staff to get the rest of their days that they are thinking of taking off booked. One of the girls that works for me is Sweedish and goes home either during the summer to see her family or over Christmas. Alternates with her mom in Sweeden and her dad here for the every other year thing. She was planning on going to Sweeden this summer so we were talking about what week she is going and that she will still have an extra week left of vacation to take. I said why not instead go to Thailand to see your mom there over Christmas and you would be able to go for 3 weeks and only use 2 weeks vacation with all of the Company days off. The thought went into the head, phone was picked up, Sweedish was spoken and a ticket is being booked for Thailand for three weeks over Christmas.

I love booking travel trips for people and love planning the vacations. Maybe I should go into business as a travel agent?????

1 comment:

sato travel said...

sato travel
You almost certainly know people who have booked Sato Travel Vacations to places some beautiful places like Europe, Hawaii and the Caribbean at cheap prices