Monday, June 28, 2010

I have an app for that

I am still getting used to the iPhone and its apps. I never know where to start with looking for apps. I mean what am I really looking for, what do I need an app for? There are a ton of great apps out there for traveling (getting your city guides on your iPhone rather than a book to carry around) and then on Friday afternoon I came accross the best app thus far for me.


Lose it! - Lose it is like a mini weight watchers for your iPhone. You start by putting in your height and weight and how much weight you want to lose, then how many pounds per week. It will tell you then what your calorie intake should be. Once all that is set-up, which takes all of 5 seconds, you get to track your meals and evercise in the daily log. This tracks calories in and out based on food and exercise, net. The cool feature about this app is that you when you put in what you eat it will let you choose from restaurant menus, grocery store items or your own meals. There are a ton of exercise options to from my workout to gardening, etc.
This is what the daily log looks like....pretty darn cool!


I have been using it all weekend and it is a wonderful tool to have. Sure makes me think a little more before having a Starbucks Frappachino! I am going to be using this to assist with losing the weight that I want to and hopefully with the exercising this will be a good tracking device.


3 comments:

Heather said...

Good one! Thanks for the tip. I'm downloading it right now :)

Liane said...

Cool. I'm thinking of upgrading to the iPhone 4...everyone tells me it's fab.

Vegemite Wife said...

Downloading it... this sounds like a must for me after the blow out weekend I just had!