Sunday, October 18, 2009

Counting the days

This weekend has come and gone with a blur and most likely due to the Hunt yesterday. The Hunt is a day filled with drinking and nothing but drinking, eventhough there is a horse race taking place around you, you really would have no idea. Every year it is always questionable as to what the weather decides to do and this year it was in the 40's and rainy in the am but cleared out nicely towards midday.

The tent area that we have every year is in the prime location for people watching. It is funny to see people get so dressed up when the field is covered in mud....I mean would you seriously wear stilettos to a horserace in the mud? In Jersey I guess they do, but that is what makes the day so much better since you get to watch them all fall in the mud when the get drunk. We were watching these 2 girls (one sober and the other drunk) and they were arm in arm walking through the mud and the drunk one got stuck and took her friend down with her in the mud...the best part was that she was wearing a white North Face fleece jacket. I mean come on people, mud + rain = NOT A FASHION SHOW.

On the way home from the Hunt to my best friends house something happened to my phone that my LCD screen cracked which made me make my way to Verizon today to get a new phone. Luckily the guy gave me a one time courtesy phone so that I wasn't paying $200 + for a new phone!!! Thank you Verizon Guy!

I sit on the couch now watching the Giants vs. Saints game and cheer on my Green Bay Packers and they kick Detroits butt and am waiting to cheer on the Bills this afternoon as they take on the NY Jets. In better news is that the Yanks are up 2-0 vs. LA Angels!!!!!! Wooot Wooot!!!1 LETS GO YANKEES TOMORROW!!!!!!!

The rest of the day will be starting to get the suitcases down from the attic and start getting things set aside for going to Hawaii on Friday! I can't wait to get out of this cold weather that we are getting here and into the warmth of Hawaii. Macadamia Nuts here I come!

No comments: