Monday, September 29, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Where did the weekend go? I am back in the UK this am and can't believe that I was home for 5 days and don't know where they actually went. I take that back. I had a wonderful weekend with family, friends, house improvements, shopping for cars, US food shopping, enjoying American food, watching a little American Football and adding a few more things to the rent area of my parents house.

This is a picture of what the "Rent Master" has stored of our wedding gifts and a few things from Europe that we have picked up the last 3 years. Every time something is added, "rent" goes up in price since we are occupying more of the room. It the item looks heavy then it is "charged" by the pound and not the area it occupies.





Friday my dad met me at the Mini dealer near their house and we went shopping for Scott's car that we will be ordering today since they didn't have any mini's that he actually liked (more or less the color wasn't right). Good news is that the car after we order it today should be in at the end of Oct. beginning of Nov. We only need it for December so that is fine. The evening was spent in NYC with my brother and some of his friends and started out at the Brass Monkey on Little West 12th Street which sponsors the Hockey Team that Chris plays on.




Chris and I











A few of us at the Ace bar.











After the bars we headed off to Mercadito for some tapas style Mexican food which was great! We had fish tacos, steak tacos, pork tacos, pineapple margaritas, guacamole made numerous ways and a Red Snapper which was fantastic!!! After dinner and a quick stop at the Ace bar where the guys got showed up by two girls in a game of pool we were off to Chris's apartment.
In the morning Chris made some pancakes for breakfast and then I was on my way back to NJ. My best friend Katie picked me up at the station and we stopped by my parents house to get my mom and headed for Restore which is a Habitat for Humanities store where people donate things they don't need (for a house) that is either used but in good condition or brand new. Needless to say my mom bought a Miele dishwasher for $85.- and Scott and I are the proud owners of a kitchen cabinets, black granite counter tops for our house once renovations start! The cabinets are beautiful and I can't wait to use them. The original cost was $27,000 for the custom cabinets and I got them for a lot lot lot less than that!























Saturday night a few friends came to my parents house, my brother in-law Ryan and my cousin Kayla for dinner! We had a nice dinner and in the morning we all went to IHOP for some YUMMY Pumpkin Pancakes!

Today I landed in London with a full suitcase of this stuff!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cabinets look awesome! What a great couple of finds...wish they had something like that in London! Glad the trip went well.

Melaina25 said...

I LOVE the 100 calorie snacks! My mom brought me over the same ones you have and the grasshopper ones, too. YUM!

The "american" online grocery stores really need to start stocking light/low calorie stuff.