Monday, June 11, 2012

20-30% Chance

This weather in NJ has been very springish.  There is a chance of rain every day for like the past month.  WTF?  I mean with a chance which is normally like 20-30% it rains every day.  Shouldn't that make it a 100% chance everyday?  It would only seem fitting then that Scott and I joined a Golf Club (well a Country Club but focus on golf) near our house for their Junior Summer program and of course it wants to rain every day. 

We have snuck in quite a bit of golf though.  You see when we went out for the first time this year which was the day I landed from the Europe trip, Scott was so enthused that one of the first things out of his mouth when he greeted me at arrivals at Newark airport was, "Do you want to go golfing when we get home?"  Seeing the look on his face of pure joy, I couldn't say no.  We get to the club and were talking to the starter and he had asked when the last time we played was and I said oh almost two years ago.  You could imagine the look on his face.  Needless to say, we have been out every weekend for at least 9 holes and some weeknights for 9 holes too. 

Yesterday we headed out to play and Scott was all ready for 18 but my parents were coming over for dinner so we could only play 9.  I said let's walk it with no caddy since it will be good exercise.  I think about 1 1/2 holes in Scott looked at me and said, "great idea walking."  I turn to look at him and he is soaked with sweat from carrying the golf bag.  Whoops.  All in all it was a very tough walk as this 9 we played was all uphill and it was about 90 degrees out yesterday.  We get home and are getting the table outside cleaned off and ready for dinner before my parents arrived and sure enough it starts to pour.  There is that damn 20-30% chance of rain again.  Can't they ever get it right? 

No comments: