Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Running Crew

I think most of you know that my hubby, Scott, is running the NYC marathon this year, which will be his 2nd marathon ever.






I had set a goal to go on an 8 mile run with him this year and not be the fat ass that I was last year when he would go for a run I would sit and veg out on the couch. Not this year!

I have been 'running' since around mid-May but really more often about mid-June. So far my longest run I have done is 6.5 miles which for me is GREAT! On a normal day I run about 4-4.5 miles and then do a long run on Saturday. I am gearing up for about a 7-7.5 mile run this Saturday.


On better news, I have lost 22lbs while getting off my butt and actually doing something. That is just over halfway to my ultimate goal of losing 40lbs by Christmas when we jet-set off to Hawaii for the Holidays. I will keep you posted on my progress this weekend. I am getting closer to that 8 mile mark.

No comments: