Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One step forward

I had my first day off from work on Friday in a long time. I didn't know what to do with myself since I have been so consumed by work lately. It was a free day off, yep no using vacation days, sick days, etc. A free day from my CFO for all of my hard week over the last 11 weeks...who is counting anyway.

I ran a few errands first thing in the morning and one of which was taking the step towards a fit Libby. I joined New York Sports Club on Friday which is the first step to my recovery process. The second step is actually using the little yellow card that hangs on my key chain, haha. Saturday morning I was up at at spin class at 9am, Sunday again at 9am and Monday at 6am. I think I am doing pretty well so far I just need to keep it up.

What am I going to do?

Mon, Wed, Fri - 6am Spin class
Tues- Run outside, push ups and sit up routine
Thursday - day off (aka long walk with Bailey) or on an occasion BOSU Core Class.
Saturday and Sunday - Super Spin (spin class but for an hour instead of 45min).

Other things I am doing:
1. Giving up Soda! We have a stocked fridge at work with Diet Coke, Pepsi, Snapple Iced Tea, Seltzer water, Ginger Ale, Orange juice and Apple Juice. I was too convenient to just grab a diet coke at lunch and have one or two in the day. The time has come to turn around in the kitchen and head to the water cooler instead. Yesterday was the step in the right direction with no soda and water all day instead!
2. Limit intake of bread. I don't eat a lot of bread but when I can stop it I will. Take the top bun off of a burger, no bread at a restaurant, etc. This I think will be easier to do and will make me feel better too.
3. Make healthier meals. This will be a harder change since we basically make healthy meals now but limiting some items we have on the plate.

I know there will be splurge days, I know there will be ups and downs during this recovery process but it is a start and you have to start somewhere.

I will update weekly on my progress! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Libby! You can do it!