Thursday, May 21, 2009

alma mater

I would start to sing the Iona Alma mater song but I don't know the words even though I have had 9 years to memorize it, yeah right.

This past weekend was packed with events with my in-laws down from Buffalo and also Scott's Aunt Judy. The most important event though of the weekend was GRADUATION!!!! My brother-in-law Ryan graduated from Iona College in New Rochelle, NY on Sunday. Commencement was held at Madison Square Garden in the WaMu Theater (or should it be Chase Theater now??). The procession was led by the President of the College and the educational procession. After all the graduates to-be processioned in, the Iona College Bagpipe band marched in, the highlight of the ceremony in my opinion.

Here are some pictures from graduation...not many since they came out dark or blurry.



On Saturday, my in-laws, Aunt Judy, Scott and I went to the city to walk around and enjoy the sights. Here is the only picture I have.



We then headed up to Iona for Graduation Mass. Ryan was a gift bearer which was "bricks". The bricks resemble expansion of the college.




Here are some other misc pictures from the weekend:





Congratulations Ryan! May the next Chapter in your life be a successful, prosperous and enjoyable one!



No comments: