Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dove la mia automobile è?

Lei capisce? Exactly what I said this morning when I walked out of my hotel in Siena, Italy and where my car was parked was a MASSIVE mercato and not my car. I walked back towards the hotel and saw two policia so I asked them in my best Italian/Spanish mix where I need to go to get my car. Some directions in semi-english and I was on my way.

I walked in to the police station and was told by the policia I needed to pay a parking ticket which will cost me €36.00. I paid the fine and was told then to take the #5 bus or a taxi to an address on this slip. €10 on a taxi ride and I was now at the garage on the outskirts of Siena hoping to get my car. I walked in with the slip of paper the policia gave me and walked up stairs to the garage's office. The women at the desk pulls out a reciept book and now I knew I was in for it. Yes €85.00 for the towing from Siena centre city to 3km away. YIKES.

Talk about a hefty overnight parking charge.....€131.00

Here is to hoping that tonight will be much cheaper and that the man at the window where I pick up my parking ticket for the night understands what I am asking when I say "Can I park here from 20:00 till 08:00?" and the response is "Si".

No comments: