Friday, May 30, 2008

Oxford

Upon entering Oxford you pass by college after college which all form part of The University of Oxford. All in all there are 39 colleges that make up the University of Oxford, bet you didn't know that!

My first time in Oxford was in 1999/2000 when a friend from College was a Rhodes Scholar so my friend Andrea and I came over to visit her. We came during her winter recess since there were many people and we could actually stay with her in the dorms. Erin, the Rhodes Scholar, was rowing for the University of Oxford Women's Lightweight 8 and therefore at school for training over the break.

Back to May 2008, as we were driving in everyone was looking to me for directions, and as I didn't say much but to go straight because nothing in that vicinity was looking familiar I insisted we park the car and walk. Much to my delight, when we started walking it all came back. I remembered a club that we went dancing at down a little street, the pubs that we walked by that we went to and then little breakfast shop that Andrea and I frequented about everyday for Scones and Tea! Great! I know where I am now!

So first stop then, Christ Church College.









Luckily the rain had basically stopped when we were in Oxford as this was an all outdoors trip since school was out and Colleges were closed. After walking around Christ Church and Corpus Christi Colleges we headed to the main part of Oxford.

Here is a picture from the inside garden of Hertford College (the one you could go into that day).





Then on to New College (Erin this is for your memories!) Erin went to New College when she was studying there for 2 years.






(Merton College)

Some Random Pictures throughout the rest of Oxford:















No comments: